Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Creatively Constipated

This is what I look like when I try to make art. I've had this problem for several months now and I can't seem to shake it.  I have a lot of ideas rolling through my head but when I sit down they roll right out.  I can't knit, I can't make stuff, I even struggle doodling. 

Here's the thing, I know I'm no great artist but being creative is a big way that I connect to God, release emotions, and really get to know myself.  So when I'm creatively constipated it's really bad.  I mean really, really bad. 

I did start a project last night and plan on working on it a little today.  I have no end result in mind, I just needed to do something....anything.  I hope to post a completed piece soon, but until that time I would appreciate your prayers, and if you see my muse can you send her home?  Tell her I have chocolate. 

1 comment:

  1. Tams... I hear you and I hear you. have been that way for ages myself. But am slowly crawling out of the pit. I started by just doing. Attempt an interpretation of something you liked. And slowly, slowly, things may start to trickle again. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete